GMC’s electric supertruck lineup expands with the addition of the 2024 HUMMER EV SUV – and it is loaded with smart, purposeful technology.
“GMC’s HUMMER EV SUV offers an exceptional balance of on-road performance and off-road capability, enhanced by a unique structure that allows for our signature open-air experience,” said Al Oppenheiser, HUMMER EV chief engineer. “New features debuting on the SUV reinforce its role as a tactical tool in almost any situation.”
New technologies include trail mapping available via the redesigned myGMC app, and a new available Power Station generator that enables customers to utilize up to 3 kilowatts of power from the vehicle, turning the GMC HUMMER EV SUV into a power source on the trail or a backup generator.
HUMMER EV’s interdependent body/battery structure enables the Infinity Roof on the EV pickup as well as the SUV, and expected best-in-class off-road proportions help make the new SUV even more maneuverable – while making the most of the HUMMER EV’s signature features such as available CrabWalk, available Extract Mode and more.
- Interdependent body/battery structure that supports a unique, double-stacked battery pack
- An available three-motor Ultium Drive system that delivers up to 830 horsepower and up to 11,500 lb-ft of torque – enough power for super-fast 0-60-mph sprints in approximately 3.5 seconds with available Watts To Freedom (based on GM estimates)
- New satellite-rendered trail mapping power allows drivers to discover and navigate off-road trails, while monitoring their vehicle’s energy consumption in real time, with community-based energy forecast through their myGMC app
- New available Power Station generator that enables 19.2kW AC charging, generator functionality (120v/25A/3kW) and ability to charge other EVs (240v/25A/6kW)
- Great degree of customization via buttons on the center stack, and nearly 200 accessories will be available for HUMMER EV
- Master of maneuverability, with nearly 9-inch less wheelbase than HUMMER EV Pickup, giving it expected best-in-class off-road proportions, with greater departure and breakover angles and a tighter turning circle of only 35.4 feet (10.8 meters) with 4 Wheel Steer
- An immersive experience that puts the driver at the center of every moment, including customizable user experience features and an open-air driving experience, with the standard Infinity Roof with removable Sky Panels and I-Bar
The GMC HUMMER EV SUV is driven by General Motors’ Ultium Platform and launches with the exclusive Edition 1 package, offered in Moonshot Green Matte available with or without the Extreme Off-Road Package, for greater customer choice in tailoring the vehicle for maximum driving efficiency or maximum off-road capability.
Source: Net Car Show